My great friend Annie Dressner and I are doing an 8 day UK tour 22-29 February. Many tickets have already gone… so please buy them while you can and come say hello to us! All ticket links below…
22 FEBRUARY/ NEWCASTLE/ Cluny 2
Will you join other fans and become a patron?
I have started a Patreon page (patreon.com/pollypaulusma) where, from January 2020, I will be posting a weekly video diary and streaming a monthly live gig for patrons, content not available to view anywhere else.
What is Patreon?
Patreon is an online platform which enables people to offer continued support to their favourite artists and creators for a small monthly contribution (typically $5), in return for content not available anywhere else. If enough people put a few pennies or cents in the hat each month, their collective power enables an artist to devote their life to their art.
How do I become a patron?
Visit my Patreon page (patreon.com/pollypaulusma), and click the orange button ‘Become a patron’ to sign up. In return, you’ll get access to a weekly video diary charting my creative life, a live-streaming monthly gig from my shed, and, if you’re not already subscribed, a new song a month as part of the ‘Pivot’ slow album project.
How to join ‘Pivot’: become a Patron:
For $5 a month, you get all the songs from the project so far, and a new song emailed to you on the first of every month until December 2020. As a Patron you also gain access to an exclusive weekly video diary, posted each Friday lunchtime, AND a monthly gig streamed live from my shed! Woah!
Sign up at patreon.com/pollypaulusma.
What is ‘Pivot’ all about?
- I send you a new song on the first of every month. I send it to you in form of a unique Bandcamp code which you can then download.
- You can choose from a selection of formats, from WAV (if disk space is no issue) to MP3 (if you need something a little smaller).
- ‘Pivot’ is my latest and fourth album, which I’ve been releasing a song a month across two years (24 songs in all) since January 2019.
- ‘Pivot’ is short for ‘The Pivot Round Which The World Turns’.
- These songs — which examine our daily pivoting roles as child, parent, lover, friend, grandchild, grandparent, and everything in between — are the product of the last six years and contain songs cowritten with Kathryn Williams, Tom McRae, Astrid Williamson, Danny Wilson, David Ford, Martin Carr, Laura Jessica Barnett and Mark Davies Markham.
- I started in January 2019 but it’s not too late to join the club: I just catch you up.
- These songs will not be made public until 2021. They are not on Youtube or Spotify or any of the streaming services.
- I hope to release the album physically in 2021 on double CD and double LP, after which it will also be available on streaming services.
I have just been asked to play a set at the Cambridge Folk Festival. Last time I was there was 2012 (see photo) — now I’m working on a trad folk album it seems like the perfect place to be playing this summer. I’ll be in the Club Tent for a 20 minute set at 1.50pm on Sunday, 5 August. For tickets and more information click here.
On International Women’s Day, I will be taking to the small stage at the beautiful Bloomsbury Theatre in central London (very close to the British Library) with my sister-in-song Edwina Hayes (www.edwinahayes.co.uk) to sing old songs and new, laugh a lot, and possibly cry a bit too — probably with laughter, knowing Edwina. I do hope you can join us….
Tickets and more information are available here.